grab car story & degree

I remember back in 2018, I went to Alor Setar, alone. So I took train and then booked a grab car to send me to that particular place, where the event gonna held.

So, because I was 17 y/o that time, and that was my first time going there alone. So basically I was really nervous. And because of that, I shared my live location with my parents, my brother and another 2 of my friends just in case if anything happened to me, they  know where to find me. AHAHAHAHAHA so dramatic.

So as usual, I thought that ride gonna be full of silence, but apparently the grab driver started to talk and kind of cakap banyak after I told him I was 17. And this story happened in October which SPM was less than a month.

So, he basically was nagging at me because he said at that time, I was not supposed to be out, I was supposed to be home and study. And he even warned me to not wasting my time, instead appreciate every single second and study.

It was such a nice ride I would say. Because the driver was talk active and he basically nagging at me like I am his little sister.

Oh anyway, I did asked him the way he talks showing that he is not kedahan. And he told me he is not. So I did ask him, then why is him here, so he told me his wife is here in kedah. So he misses his wife, but they have no choice other than LDR.

So I did I ask him, why he said like that.

He told me the living cost in KL is insane. It is super duper high. And he don’t think he can support his wife. Renting house will cost him around rm500-800. That is only for renting house. Not including groceries shopping, utilities, and bla bla. He basically told me that he can not afford being with wife at KL, in fact his wife got a permanent job here in Kedah. So for the time being while waiting for him to get transfer, he don’t mind to be in LDR.

So because of what I asked, he continued nagging at me to study hard, get a good grades, graduates and find a good job.

This story came across my mind back, because tomorrow I’ll start my life as a degree student. And I wonder how is he now? Is he doing great? I hope they are not in LDR anymore. Coz LDR sucks. And all of his words made sense now.

It’s funny how time flies so fast. I am entering Uni life, and soon to be a degree student. Even me myself can’t believe it.

To be really honest, I wasn’t a brilliant student, and back then I thought it is kind of impossible for me to get into university, but here I am. I am a student of one of a really great university in Malaysia.

It just a beginning of my life. Please pray for me 😊.


Comments

Popular Posts